Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] calibration of EnergyPlus simulated model

Hi,

You may find this paper helpful:

Agami; 2006,  Literature Review on Calibration of Building Energy Simulation Programs: Uses; Problems; Procedures; Uncertainty; and Tools, ASHRAE Transactions; American Society of Heating; Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers; Atlanta; vol. 112; p. 226-240.

This procedure I found good as well, however not helpful all the time:
M. Liu, D. E. Claridge, N. Bensouda, K. Heinemeier, Seung Uk Lee, and G. Wei, October, 2003, Manual of Procedures for Calibrating Simulations of Building Systems, California Energy Commission HPCBS # E5P23T2b.

For statistical limits, you can refer to ASHRAE standard 14 .

Finally, based on my short experience, "Calibration Was and STILL an Art More Than a Science".

Alaa Kandil
Email: aakandil@xxxxxxxxxxx,alaak1974@xxxxxxxxx
mailing address :304 Jackson PL, NW,Calgary,t3b2v3
Cell No.:+1-403-818-5447
Phone No.:+1-403-282-9497