[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: RunPEriod Vs SizingPeriod

Yes, I went thru the documentation provided by energyplus.  But it is still not very clear to me in one thing.

1. if we take small exapmle to run simulation 1/9 To 31/12 of a weatherfile

SizingPeriod:WeatherFileDays:1/9 To 31/12 Or RunPeriod:From 1/9 To 31/12

are going to give different results. Both uses WeatherFile for simulation, but why.

RunPeriod - Runs simulation for the specified period, can override wether file infromation (Start day of week, daylightsavngs etc.), so as the SizingPeriod:WeatherFileDays

Anyone's help in clarifying me is highly appreciated

Thanks
-Ven

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fabio Augusto Carezia <fabioacfoz@...> wrote:

> Go in Help --> Input-Output Reference and search in the pdf for those definitions, i belive its well explained there
>
> To: energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: eplusven@...
> Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:23:28 -0400
> Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] RunPEriod Vs SizingPeriod

> Hi All,

> I am new to Enrgyplus, would appreciate, if anyone can eplain

> - What is the difference between SizingPeriod and RunPeriod
> - When do we use them
> - Can we use both of them in one simulation
> - Is there any dependency between these two

> Thanks
> ~Ven
>

> Ready for Fall shows? Use Bing to find helpful ratings and reviews on digital tv's. Click here.

> Conheça os novos produtos Windows Live! Clique aqui.
> http://www.windowslive.com.br

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that?s right for you.