Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner

The report variable for *Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner Total Zone
Heating Rate *calculates only the supply air energy rate supplied to the
zone.
*Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner Total Zone Heating Rate* =
AirMassFlow * (Enthalpy_in - Enthalpy_zone)

The report variable *Zone/sys sensible heating rate* also includes this
but has other terms as well.
*Zone/sys sensible heating rate* = SUM(MCpTin) - SUM(MCpTzone) +
NonAirSystemResponse + SysDepZoneLoadsLagged

NonAirSystemResponse includes loads from sources other than the air
system (which may be 0 in your simulation) and SysDepZoneLoadsLagged
includes loads from a window gap from the previous time step (to name
one). Also note that at Row 722 - 731, the Zone/Sys Sensible Load to
Heating Setpoint is negative, the Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Load is
positive, and the Zone/Sys Sensible Load Predicted is 0 which means the
zone really has no load and the zone temperature is somewhere between
the thermostat's heating and cooling set point temperature. The zone
temperature is "floating". ABOVE 20 C.

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years