And the values from Drycold.tmy to Drycold.epw were the same.  (Actually I'm thinking the original drycold.tmy might have been in English units or needed conversion for some fields -- whenever that happens, things can start to get round off errors).  Or maybe not -- I do remember that the first attempt at conversion was from the tmy file to BLAST and then to EPW.  That introduced some errors.

Later we got the original tmy file and made the conversion.

Don't forget that to compare results you may want to run EnergyPlus at the hour timestep rather than a 15 minute timestep.

At 12:05 PM 10/22/2009, Crawley, Drury wrote:

The DRYCOLD.TMY should be a direct translation to DRYCOLD.EPW.  We only convert units where required, not the data.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [ mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rahmiandarini
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:54 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Heating degree days and cooling degree days

Sorry, I forgot my next question...

When there are differences between DRYCOLD.TMY and DRYCOLD.EPW, then when I simulate CASE 600, it means I compare the same case but different weather data?
If yes, I conclude that this difference in weather data is one of the factor that make my results different from the reference (what's EP developers have been done/provided in the literature)

Thanks again,
Rahmi