Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Compare eQuest with Energy+ for LEED

Hi my uinderstanding of LEED is that it looks at all aspects of a buildings design, not just the energy. Energy+ is exclusively concerned with energy and so will only help for the LEED credits on energy (which is a significant percentage!). Programs like Ecotect can allow users to look at embodied energy and carbon in materials but stop short of full LEED simulation. I am not aware of any simulation software which covers all aspects of LEEd but then again many credits are straight forward yes no answewrs which don't need sophisticated analysis.

Regards David.

Let your email find you with BlackBerry® from Vodafone

From: "christinagal" <christinagal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:12:13 -0000
To: <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Compare eQuest with Energy+ for LEED

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask your opinion on using Energy+ for LEED modelling. I have used eQuest once for LEED and I am now wondering if Energy+ is a better option. I am not a genious in softwares not even in building services, however the buildings that I am planning to model have either complicated systems (Data centre) or are huge commercial buildings. Which software should I choose?
Which interfaces of Energy+ would you use for LEED modeling?

PS. I have also looked at VisualDOE which is a much simplified interface of DOE but think that I cannot model complicated systems there. Any suggestions on alternative softwares are more than welcome.