[EnergyPlus_Support] Heat exchanger and outdoor air error

I have a functioning HVAC system with an outdoor air mixer set up, and I’m trying to add a heat recovery heat exchanger object to it. To try to do this, I added the heat exchanger object with the ‘Supply Air Inlet Node Name’ of “Outside Air Inlet Node 3”, and the Supply Air Outlet Node Name as the node which was previously the outdoor air stream node for my mixing box. I then switched the controller to control based on the “Outside Air Inlet Node 3” (actuator field), previously the mixing box outdoor node. I added this to the list of outdoor air nodes. However, I keep getting this error:

** Severe  ** Node Connection Error, Node="OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE 3", Actuator node did not find a matching node of appropriate type (other than Actuator, Sensor, OutsideAir).

   **   ~~~   ** Reference Object=CONTROLLER:OUTDOORAIR, Name=VAV_3_OA_CONTROLLER

   ************* There was 1 node connection error noted.

   **  Fatal  ** Previous Conditions cause program termination.

Does anyone have any input on how to track down this connection error, or is there some object or change that I’m missing in adding this heat exchanger? Thanks,

NEAL HUMPHREY

ICF International | BUILDING ENERGY ANALYTICS

1655 Fort Myer Drive, Suite 600

Arlington, VA 22209

Phone: 703.373.6635

www.icfi.com/buildings