RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about weather file holidays schelude

Weather files can indicate which days are public holidays.  By default the EPWs that are on the EnergyPlus web site do not have public holidays--there are just too many variants to create.  We have a separate file that comes with EnergyPlus which lists public holidays in the United States.  We'd welcome similar information for other countries so that we can include it.
(C:\EnergyPlusV4-0-0\DataSets\USHolidays-DST.idf)

In your schedules, you specify how the building will operate when it's a public holiday -- number of people, lights, etc. -- similar to a weekday or weekend.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jose Luis Galvez Osorto
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 6:35 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about weather file holidays schelude

hi, I have a question regarding weather files.
These files are public holidays?
I was born the doubt because he was doing schelude and to review the output file, I realized that on a holiday I would suggest that the value was zero and put a value x.

The value is correct, what is not right that the public holiday no power consumption.

Thanks

Jose Luis