Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] GROUPS AND/OR CLASS LIST TO INPUT DATA

Many of the things you mentioned such as internal gains can be removed from the input deck.  You will be able to do the same thing with most of the plant equipment and probably some of the system equipment, depending on your setup and the example file you start with.

If you are going with this method where you strip things off piece by piece, I would recommend just saving files at the incremental steps you take (version 1, version 2, etc.), and just watch the error file to see if there are any problems in each step you take.  If there is an error, the err file will help you identify the problem, and you will learn a lot along the way of fixing these problems.

Edwin

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 21:36, Sumwel Plus <sumwelplus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you Edwin,

I have checked with the example files, and seen three night vent examples which will be of help. They are full scale buildings. My case are test cells with no internal gains, no boilers, no elelctric compression chillers, etc. Only using two fans (inlet and outlet).

Do I simply keep the fields blank for  internal gains (lights, equip and people), boilers, elelctric compression chillers, etc

Help ???

From: Edwin Lee <leeed2001@xxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 10:29:26 AM
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] GROUPS AND/OR CLASS LIST TO INPUT DATA

Example files come with EnergyPlus, along with the getting started manual and other tutorials.  The example files are great for seeing the details of what is needed, while the manual and tutorials help guide you into the process.  For creating the geometry of the zone, google sketchup is a nice tool along with the Energy Design Plugin.