[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Identifying zones

Hi Vinay,

I am not certain whether this is the optimum way to identify zones, but it fool proof.

After an EnergyPlus run, go to the directory where your energyplus.exe file is and look for a file called in.idf.

It is a good idea to save this file with your DesignBuilder results in a separate fo;der as it contains all the input data related to that particular run.  Choose to always open the in.idf file with your Notepad or other text editor.  With the Edit utility of Notepad, search for the zone number you want to identify.  The zone description, as you named it in DesignBuilder, should be displayed.

Hope it helps.

Francois M Joubert