[EnergyPlus_Support] Speeding up E+ simulation time with ruby script.

Hey,

I just posted a file that will divide the annual simulation period into the number of cpus present on your system and run the slices on separate threads.

All that remains is for you to write a script to sum or append the results together for what you wish to examine.

This has deceased that simulation time by roughly 8x on our 8 core systems.

Here is the script the code is rather straight-foward. You will need ruby installed on your system.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/gCYdS218IhkWpX26bNjiFFvdlaOuFZatdpHi03pCWl_31hFtjHZ3tzRw5Gb3iM-NE73gylgX3i3EtfhMZXp4h3f9F-4GUHJotn8L/Utilities/AnnualSimulationSplitter.rb

Phylroy