RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Daylighting in Energy Plus

Hi, Rasha

You are using version 3.1.

The map object you have added has:
MAIN, !- Zone Name
0.8, !- Z height {m}
Zone name 'Main' is not in your IDF. Your zone name is 36762.

You will also need  a control object:
  Daylighting:Controls,
    MAIN,             !- Zone Name

'Main' should be changed to  36762
the name of your zone.

I do not have the version 3.1 on my PC at present.

You should be able to copy the control and map object from the IO Ref. Document.

Because you do not have the control object. and probably the Map object of a different version, therefore the simulation is aborted at the input audit phase, as indicated by the error message.

For the second question, please look up the DELight.. section or examples.

You can set the required brightness at the reference points, and use dimmer to change the lighting intensity or blind controls in EPlus simulation.

Lux is lighting power/unit area, I think.  It is related to Candle and distance, and then to the electrical power for a electric lamp by an efficiency factor.  I cannot remember the exact conversion off hand, as I have not used this unit for a long time. The conversion factor is probably in the Ref. manual as well.

For the building lighting energy consumption requirement, you need not do the daylighting calculation. All you need to do is to state  how many watt per sq.meter of building area in your lighting object for each zone, and then use the schedule to turn them on and off, or to dim the lights,  to the nearest minutes in an annual period.  You can also link the table lamps to the number of people in the office.

Daylighting simulation will show you how much energy can be saved using the light from the sindow.

 Dr. Li