Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Daylighting in Energy Plus

I am not the daylighting expert. You can always ask your question
through the Energyplus Help Desk at energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx.

1) Look at this object, you put the semi-colon at the end of the comment
(after the word Name) not after the variable name (after the 1)

Output:Table:Monthly,
Daylighting Report, !- Name
, !- Digits After Decimal
Zone People Number Of Occupants, !- Variable or Meter 1 Name
HoursNonZero, !- Aggregation Type for Variable or Meter 1
Ltg Power Multiplier from Daylighting, !- Variable or Meter 2 Name
SumOrAverageDuringHoursShown, !- Aggregation Type for Variable or Meter 2
Daylight Illum at Ref Point 1, !- Variable or Meter 3 Name
SumOrAverageDuringHoursShown, !- Aggregation Type for Variable or Meter 3
Glare Index at Ref Point 1*;* <<<<<semi-colon goes here !- Variable or
Meter 4 Name;

2) These are not report variables:
Zone,Average,Lights Electric Power [W]
Zone,Sum,Lights Radiant Heat Gain [J]
Zone,Sum,Lights Visible Heat Gain [J]

You need to change this object:
Output:VariableDictionary,
regular; !- Key Field

To look like this:
Output:VariableDictionary,
IDF; !- Key Field

And then you can cut and paste from the rdd file directly into your idf
file.

Output:Variable,*,Lights Electric Power,hourly; !- Zone Average [W]
Output:Variable,*,Lights Radiant Heat Gain,hourly; !- Zone Sum [J]
Output:Variable,*,Lights Visible Heat Gain,hourly; !- Zone Sum [J]

Or change to this to get only the lighting information for zone 36762
when you have multiple zones:
Output:Variable,36762 General lighting,Lights Electric Power,hourly; !-
Zone Average [W]
Output:Variable,36762 General lighting,Lights Radiant Heat Gain,hourly;
!- Zone Sum [J]
Output:Variable,36762 General lighting,Lights Visible Heat Gain,hourly;
!- Zone Sum [J]

Output:Variable,General lighting,Lights Electric Power,hourly; !- Zone
Average [W]
Output:Variable,General lighting,Lights Radiant Heat Gain,hourly; !-
Zone Sum [J]
Output:Variable,General lighting,Lights Visible Heat Gain,hourly; !-
Zone Sum [J]

When I run your file I get these errors:
Program Version,EnergyPlus, Version 5.0,IDD_Version 5.0.0.010
** Warning ** Version: in IDF="4.0" not the same as expected="5.0.0"
** Warning ** Timestep: Requested number (2) is less than the suggested
minimum of 4.
** ~~~ ** Please see entry for Timestep in Input/Output Reference for
discussion of considerations.
** Warning ** Site:GroundTemperature:BuildingSurface: Some values fall
outside the range of 15-25C.
** ~~~ ** These values may be inappropriate. Please consult the Input
Output Reference for more details.
** Warning ** Weather file location will be used rather than entered
Location object.
** ~~~ ** ..Location object=UNTITLED
** ~~~ ** ..Weather File Location=Chicago IL United States TMY2 94846
WMO#=725340
** ~~~ ** ..due to location differences, Latitude difference=[16.33]
degrees, Longitude difference=[118.28] degrees.
** ~~~ ** ..Time Zone difference=[8.0] hour(s), Elevation
difference=[160.27] percent, [117.00] meters.
** Warning ** GetDetailedDaylighting: Reference point X Value outside
Zone Min/Max X, Zone=36762
** ~~~ ** ...X Reference Point= 0.00, Zone Minimum X= -4.75, Zone
Maximum X= -4.67E-002
** ~~~ ** ...X Reference Distance Outside MaximumX= 4.6651E-002 m.
** Warning ** GetDetailedDaylighting: Reference Map point #[1], X Value
outside Zone Min/Max X, Zone=36762
** ~~~ ** ...X Reference Point= 0.00, Zone Minimum X= -4.75, Zone
Maximum X= -4.67E-002
** ~~~ ** ...X Reference Distance Outside MaximumX= 4.6651E-002 m.
** Warning ** GetDetailedDaylighting: Reference Map point #[4], X Value
outside Zone Min/Max X, Zone=36762
** ~~~ ** ...X Reference Point= 1.00, Zone Minimum X= -4.75, Zone
Maximum X= -4.67E-002
** ~~~ ** ...X Reference Distance Outside MaximumX= 1.0467 m.
************* Testing Individual Branch Integrity
************* All Branches passed integrity testing
************* Testing Individual Supply Air Path Integrity
************* All Supply Air Paths passed integrity testing
************* Testing Individual Return Air Path Integrity
************* All Return Air Paths passed integrity testing
************* No node connection errors were found.
** Warning ** Output:Table:Monthly=DAYLIGHTING REPORT, Variable
name=GLARE INDEX AT REF POINT 1
** ~~~ ** Invalid aggregation type="" Defaulting to SumOrAverage.
** Warning ** The following Report Variables were requested but not
generated
** ~~~ ** because IDF did not contain these elements or misspelled
variable name -- check .rdd file
************* Key=*, VarName=FAN ELECTRIC CONSUMPTION, Frequency=Monthly
************* Key=*, VarName=WATER USE EQUIPMENT HEATING RATE,
Frequency=Monthly
************* Key=36762, VarName=ZONE VENTILATION SENSIBLE HEAT LOSS,
Frequency=Monthly
************* Key=36762, VarName=ZONE VENTILATION SENSIBLE HEAT GAIN,
Frequency=Monthly
************* Key=36762, VarName=ZONE MIXING SENSIBLE HEAT LOSS,
Frequency=Monthly
************* Key=36762, VarName=ZONE MIXING SENSIBLE HEAT GAIN,
Frequency=Monthly
************* Key=36762, VarName=ZONE OTHER EQUIPMENT TOTAL HEAT GAIN,
Frequency=Monthly
************* EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning;
0 Severe Errors.
************* EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 0 Warning;
0 Severe Errors.
************* EnergyPlus Completed Successfully-- 9 Warning; 0 Severe
Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 3.73sec

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years