Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] weather file

Thank you for information you offered.

If I need the following six. Which should I measure? and which should I calculate using others? If necessary, you could introduce some references?

  1. Global Horizontal Radiation {Wh/m2}
  2. Direct Normal Radiation {Wh/m2}
  3. Diffuse Horizontal Radiation {Wh/m2}
  4. Global Horizontal Illuminance {lux}
  5. Direct Normal Illuminance {lux}
  6. Diffuse Horizontal Illuminance {lux}

Jia

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Richard Raustad <RRaustad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can measure these yourself. The IR sensor is more expensive the

others, for both the expensive sensors and the cheap sensors. You list 9
data points, I have not looked at what measurements you would require
out of the list you provided in order to develop a complete set of
weather data (i.e., you may only need 4 or 5 of these to calculate all
the others).

The expensive sensors cost $2500 ($4000 for the IR) at +-1%
The cheap sensors are more like $100 (+- 5%) (not sure you can get a
cheap IR sensor)

Some of the manufacturers:

Epply or Kipp & Zonen make the more expensive sensors
Apogee and LiCor make cheap sensors
There are also other manufactuers

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years