Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Absorption Chiller data for EnergyPlus

The minimum and maximum PLR specifies how you want your chiller to
operate, usually these are set to 0 and 1, respectively, but the minimum
may be set higher than 0 if necessary. The optimum PLR is the point
where you get the highest efficiency, the optimum PLR is used when the
plant is optimally controlled (see PlantLoop input for Load Distribution
Scheme). The optimum PLR is also more important for plants with multiple
chillers.

As for your performance curves, EnergyPlus does not have standard curves
for absorption chillers. You must use the manufacturers data to create
these curves. This is done using regression analysis on a large data set
and is based on the specific equations used for each performance curve.

There is an example for how to do this on the Yahoo site under
Files/Examples. Excel Biquadratic Fit.zip shows the methodology using
the LineST function. You will have to adapt this methodology to the
absorption chiller equations. Alternatively, if you have the add-in for
Excel, the regression analysis is found under the Tools menu for Data
Analysis.

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years