Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Compatibility between air system objects

Yes, it is possible to set up an air loop (which uses AirTerminal:*
objects) and zone equipment (e.g., PTAC and 4PipeFanCoils). See the
example file ZoneWSHP_wDOAS for an example of an air loop used with zone
equipment. This is a very simple example file, where there are no
components in the air loop (but you could add them) and only a single
piece of zone equipment (you could have more and add additional zones if
you like). Just reconfigure the air loop as you need and choose the zone
equipment you would want. Take note of the ZoneHVAC:EquipmentConnections
object on how to describe multiple exhaust/inlet nodes for a single
zone. Also, only 1 air loop (AirloopHVAC) is allowed per zone (but can
serve multiple zones) and connects between a zone return node and a zone
inlet node. The zone equipment (ZoneHVAC - e.g., PTAC) connects between
a zone exhaust node and a zone inlet node.

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years