[EnergyPlus_Support] Use shadowing control

Dear E+ users,

I am using shading control introduced into the Windowproperty:Shadingcontrol where I set the folowing parameters:

1) Shading control type: OnIfHighSolarOnWindow
2) Setpoint: 100 W/m2

Looking at the E+ Input/Output reference I check that, for such control type,  the shading is on if beam plus diffuse solar radiation incident on the window exceeds SetPoint (W/m2).

After the simulations, I was trying to check if the control was operating properly but I don´t know which variable I can use to check that. First, I use "Zone Diff Solar from Exterior Windows"  and "Zone Beam Solar from Exterior Windows" and I compared the values of these variables with and without the shading. I noticed, between 8 and 9 A.M. for a specific external window, that there is a difference on the values of such variables but when I added the values of the beam and diffuse radiation and divdided by thw window I reached a value of 13,5 W/m2 but I was expecting something close to 100 W/m2 when the shading should start operating. Any ideas which variable I should check in order to evaluate the proper operation of such shading?

Thanks for any help.

Alberto Hernandez Neto