[EnergyPlus_Support] DX:Multispeed power at low PLR

Hi,

I am trying to understand how cooling power is calculated in EnergyPlus for a DX:Multispeed system at low part load ratio.

The Engineering Reference shows the following formula for the first speed range:

CoolingPower = (TotCap1)(EIR1)(SpeedRatio)

Where:

TotCap1 = f(RatedCap1,TotCapTempModFac1,TotCapFlowModFac1,BypassFactor1)

BypassFactor1 = f(RatedBypassFactor,RatedFlowRate,ActualFlowRate)

EIR1 = RatedEIR1 * EIRTempModFac1 * EIRFlowModFac1

Where “1” designates speed range #1.

Elsewhere, I see a formula for speed ratio that appears for the first speed range to be:

SpeedRatio = (CoolingLoad – FanHeat)/(FullCoolOutput1)

I can extract most of these parameters or the basis for the parameters with Output:Variable, but I can’t seem to get at the Bypass Factor.

Is there a way to get the bypass factor at each time step?  Can it be calculated from other variables?

Also, when the coil is in the first speed range, my Output:Variable data shows:

SpeedRatio = 0 and

CyclingRatio = CompressorPartLoadRatio.

So should the SpeedRatio be replaced by CyclingRatio in CoolingPower equation for the first speed range?

Thanks,

Doug Maddox, PE

THE WEIDT GROUP

5800 Baker Road