[EnergyPlus_Support] Kitchen makeup air unit within a conditioned zone

Dear Forum,

I am trying to figure out how to model the following:

* One of the zones in a building is air conditioned with a central AC system.
* Also within the zone is a makeup air unit and an exhaust fan which provide ventilation for cooking equipment.
* The makeup air unit provides air at exactly the zone temperature setpoint and essentially has no thermal or moisture interaction at all with the zone by virtue of its design. (It supplies air directly to the cooking equipment and is immediately exhausted to the outdoors.)
* How can I place this makeup air equipment in the zone?

Essentially, I want to place an air loop within a zone which has its own temperature control.  The ZoneHVAC objects seem to be the likely choice for such a system, butt it appears that all of the ZoneHVAC objects require a zone thermostat, and I really need a discharge air temperature setpoint.

Has anyone done this?  How?

p.s., My best idea so far is to create a small zone which has no exterior walls, roof exposure or lighting and serve it with a separate air loop.  I'm hoping for a more elegant solution!