RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Reading Output file

It sounds like you didn’t really run a weather period.  Check the number of hours that the report covers at the top of the file. To get tabular results you need to change the SimulationControl to so that the field Run Simulation for Weather File Run Periods is set to YES.  The example files are set to run only design days.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mohammed Fasiuddin
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 9:59 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Reading Output file

Dear All

I am new to energy plus, I used VisualDOE 4.1 for my thesis simulation, now we are trying developing an interface for EnergyPlus. I did some testing using the free version energyplus simulation engine and the examples file attached with that version

I have used the example file (benchmarkElementarySchoolNew_USA_IL_CHICAGO-OHARE.idf ) along with the Weather file for CHICAGO, i was astonished to see that the end user details in the output file as well as energy sources are all zeros. Do I have to assign report as in DOE?

Can anybody guide me, where I am going wrong, I would really appreciate you help and guidance.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

--
Mohammed Fasiuddin