[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: plant flows do not resolve -- splitter inlet flow does not match mixer outlet f

Hi All,

I made a small correction to my question.

I am trying to model variable flow chiller system. Eventhough I made all branches ACTIVE except ByPass branches, it throws a fatal exception. Would greatly
appreciate your help.

** ~~~ ** This loop might be helped by a bypass.
** Severe ** plant flows do not resolve -- splitter inlet flow does not
match mixer outlet flow
** ~~~ ** Occurrence info=NEXTDAYSIM, 08/06 06:25 - 06:26
** ~~~ ** PlantLoop name= CHILLER1 CHILLED WATER LOOP
** ~~~ ** Plant Connector:Mixer name= CHILLER1 CHW SUPPLY MIXER
** ~~~ ** Mixer outlet mass flow rate= 131.191187 {kg/s}
** ~~~ ** Plant Connector:Splitter name= CHILLER1 CHW SUPPLY SPLITTER
** ~~~ ** Splitter inlet mass flow rate= 135.163143 {kg/s}
** ~~~ ** Check control type for branches between, components that
request flow should be ACTIVE control type
** Fatal ** Simulation terminated because of problems in plant flow
resolver
...Summary of Errors that led to program termination:
..... Reference severe error count=1
..... Last severe error=plant flows do not resolve -- splitter inlet flow
does not match mixer outlet flow
*************
************* ===== Recurring Error Summary =====
************* The following recurring error messages occurred.
*************
************* ** Warning ** PlantFlowResolver: Continuing...Branch flow
rates out of bounds, for Plant Loop=CHILLER1 CHILLED WATER LOOP, Branch=CHILLER1
CHW SUPPLY OUTLET BRANCH
************* ** ~~~ ** This error occurred 6240 times.
************* ** ~~~ ** Max=160.000043 Min=135.163143
*************
************* ** Warning ** PlantFlowResolver: Continuing...Branch flow
rates out of bounds, for Plant Loop=CHILLER1 CONDENSER WATER LOOP,
Branch=FANCOILTOWER CNDW BRANCH
************* ** ~~~ ** This error occurred 2828 times.
************* ** ~~~ ** Max=676.115003 Min=676.115003
************* EnergyPlus Terminated--Fatal Error Detected. 9085 Warning; 1
Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 14min 11.20sec

Thanks
-Ven