[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Variable Volume Refrigerant System
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Variable Volume Refrigerant System
- From: "ooikoonbeng2004" <ooi_kb3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 14:44:33 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:20:54 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1274113253; bh=2DnwkbvJ/1kGpTUaxiyE3EXKb3A+6RKB0zYzd/b3D+Q=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=UbZQ6A80kD4p4cK1IZF3qMD38iEJNH6LUoKri66l6DGOwpGwcyy6fS3z5QJfy32/WuHBUMdfs585veUiw4jRu+Et5vG6SmPOAnQGzNNP61td9gugrlFyJPNm+QycgO78
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1274113142; bh=cl6J421r1dPpHz8CopDJ4PxX5GSV/PPJZIzy+I8CcGA=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=EPMIOQTe6Wpk0IYob2ivfA4prycZeIyUPR5Yww3TGJPEZcQHjqfkHJc9FLY/syr8aDqQWmTtR3jkEVOEyLYsdIv34lcL2zeTOs5DKhUKDn7LzDKmUBVIjkn0qbVeu8DP
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com; b=gIcxJgU1NShCwNGqAatGrJM7YVijfYTbfYaPqc5mewXOxLmXDUofRZ/ak1LuOZozYboUeFnN4vAOSjE4qDTh9rv/hDKEi1VE7QhlXGIZFFgv1KO+AB7HxKwWnDfbvDic;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <002f01caf557$6e6baa30$4b42fe90$@net>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
The EnergyPlus team is working to make it able to simuulate VRV o
--- In Energylus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "James V Dirkes II, PE" <jvd2pe@...> wrote:
> Dear MÃ¡rio,
> I'm currently working on a VRF system and am modeling it this way:
> · The actual system uses Mitsubishi City Multi VRF units with heat
> recovery capability. I am not sure if this approach will work for other
> manufacturers of VRF systems.
> · My model uses water source heat pumps (WSHP) for each zone. These
> should capture the ability of the VRF system to "shift" energy around when
> some zones are heating while others are cooling. The model is running
> without error, but I have not addressed the details of the energy portion
> yet. That part will go similar to the following?
> o The WSHP fans will be assigned power (efficiency and pressure rise) to
> match the VRF fans.
> o The WSHP heating and cooling coils will have a "simple" power
> consumption coefficient. If I can use 0 power, that will be best, since the
> VRFs don't use power at each zone except for the fans. If I can't use 0 due
> to some E+ restriction, I'll probably make it equivalent to a COP as high as
> possible and then report that energy in a Custom Meter and use a Custom
> Decrement Meter so it can be removed from the total electricity use.
> o The WSHPs have a gas boiler with efficiency of 1.0 for supplemental heat
> and an electric chiller with COP of 1.0 for supplemental cooling. The 1.0
> efficiency / COP values are used for simplicity so that energy used by the
> boiler and chiller is essentially the same as the load.
> o I will report the boiler and chiller energy and "post-process" their
> energy using the manufacturer's part load efficiency equation. It occurs to
> me just now that I may be able to apply curve values which mimic the
> manufacture part load performance and avoid the post processing?.
> The Building Performance Team
> James V. Dirkes II, P.E., LEED AP
> 1631 Acacia Drive NW
> Grand Rapids, MI 49504
> 616 450 8653
> From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of MÃ¡rio
> Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 4:12 PM
> To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Variable Volume Refrigerant System
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to model a variable volume refrigerant
> system, like a VRV or VRF system in which you have one exterior machine
> linked to vários interior terminal machines?
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: