Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Runtime Profiles

Not sure we would want to add to the calculation overhead to provide such
a report.

We, of course, have done internal profiling to help tune up the code.
Profiling typically takes 100 times the time of the regular run.

Some guidelines:

Produce the simplest geometric model for the facility.  Don't worry so
much about detailed accuracy of every nook and cranny as the amount of
surface AREA and zoned to meet the different systems.  Large buildings are
more typically internal loads dominated rather than environmentally
dominated.  So a simple geometric model will be accurate AND will run fast.
(Read the Getting Started on the one zone vs seven zone education center).
There again -- having a 7 zone model with 15000 surfaces will NOT be your
friend.  That's 2200 surfaces per zone!  Don't complain about run time when
you put that kind of detail into a geometric model.  Using multipliers
(Zone, Zone Group, Window) can help reduce the amount of time as well.

Reduce the number of output variables requested.  Producing multiples is a
time consumer.

Beyond that, having maximum iterations exceeded does impact the time
consumed in the run.  But by and large, the systems/plant portion (even
with integrated calculations) seems to be relatively quick.

If you want to examine multiple system options - you can consider a Plant
Load Profile and bypass the geometry all together.

And, of course, before going detailed -- make sure you have the building
model you think you want -- run design days or short weather runs rather
than going for the full tilt the first time around.