RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problems with Total Floor Area

Sounds like some of the zones have multipliers.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fernando Silva
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:02 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problems with Total Floor Area

Dear EnergyPlus support,

After finished my project in Google SketchUp with OpenStudio (OS), I opened the idf file in EnergyPlus, and run the simulation. I have a problem in Total Floor Area!

The problem is, the Total Floor Area in EnergyPlus is different of OS in EnergyPlus I have 7420,26 m² and in OS I have 4874,654 m², according with the plant architectural, the areas of OS agreed with the plants. The floor areas of the zones P1_xxxxxxx, have twice the area. But is not only the values of floor areas that are duplicated, also the Gross Wall Area of that zones (P1_xxxxxx).

The floor area of OpenStudio is correct. I don´t understand why this problem happens in EnergyPlus. Does anyone help me and explain why I have this problem!?

I´m already using the new version of OpenStudio 1.0.5.355 and EnergyPlus 5.0, with a computer with in Windows XP Professional (which I think that don´t have any interference).

Before write here I sent this message with some pictures and idf file´s to the SkecthUp group support´s, but so far, they doesn´t know what´s wrong or mistakes with this files.

Thanks for your support,