[EnergyPlus_Support] Mechanical Desing Engineer Needed for LA Office of Harely Ellis Devereaux

Harley Ellis Devereaux, an award winning architectural and engineering design firm, with offices in Los Angeles, San Diego, Berkeley, Chicago, and Detroit, is seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for its West Region Practice.  The position will be based out of our Los Angeles office, where our projects largely encompass projects in the Education & Civic, Corporate/Commercial, and Science & Technology industry sectors, which includes cutting edge work with Crime Lab Design, Sim Centers, and Sustainable Design Services.

Harley Ellis Devereaux is composed of talented, passionate, and innovative professionals with a goal of serving our clients and our industry through commitment to our vision: advancing your world?by design. Guided by our Vision and Mission, we are committed to taking advantage of each day's opportunities, including integrating sustainable elements in all our projects as a responsible steward of the enduring building environment. This means we provide our clients with excellent service that exceeds their expectations, which necessarily includes an integrated design approach to our work that leads to high performance buildings.

We are looking for a professional that brings a solid skill set and has an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach to work.   We seek colleagues that are able to develop internally and externally effective interpersonal working relationships to ensure the highest quality deliverables.  Harley Ellis Devereaux has a diverse and challenging portfolio of work that lends to the ability to capitalize on unique professional skill sets, while continuing to grow individual and team capabilities through the use of varying technologies, software, and the applications of new processes that advance building performance.

The primary function of the Mechanical Design Engineer will be to provide support during the development of design and technical systems for projects from schematics through construction administration.  The scope of responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:

Perform design and/or engineering duties in collaboration with the project team leader, incorporating sustainable design methods, knowledge, and capabilities, as applicable
Support the Engineering Team Leader in the documentation process
Support the development of building system concepts
Support material and product research for projects
Attend project meetings when requested
Perform other project-related tasks as assigned by the Engineering and/or other team leader
Perform other duties as delegated or coordinated with the supervisor in support of project and/or overall organizational effectiveness

The ideal candidate will possess the following Characteristics, Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Experience:

Self-motivated, enthusiastic, passionate, and flexible
Good Written and verbal communication skills, including ability to discuss project work with clients and prospective clients
Excellent analytical ability with both conventional and innovative problem solving skills
Strong working knowledge of CADD and Revit, BIM exposure a plus
Computer literate with general Office Communication software, such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
EIT/PE, or desire to obtain
LEED Accreditation, or willingness to obtain
Five years minimum work related experience, in HVAC, plumbing design, and energy analysis
Hands on experience in performing detailed cooling, heating loads, psychometrics, economy life cycle cost analysis using Trace 700 and/or Carrier HAP-E-20 and Energy-Pro T-24
Hands on experience with Energy Plus, E-Quest, and/or some familiarity with CFD modeling software, considered a plus

If this sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime to you, please submit your resume and cover letter to:

Harley Ellis Devereaux, 601 S. Figueroa Street, Suite 500, Los Angeles, CA  90017

Careers_losangeles@xxxxxxxxx,   Put Code in Subject: LA/ME and note ad source.