Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] New to the program...

Thank you, I will begin with this and hopefully this will remedy what ails me.

--- On Fri, 7/9/10, Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] New to the program...
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, July 9, 2010, 2:30 PM

We suggest, for people who want to enter more complexities to:

a) Start with HVACTemplates -- these will automatically create the correct nodes and loops.  Then, you can modify once you have the basic start.

b) look at one of the example files that might suit your building.  -- e.g. the Benchmark files for Restaurant or whatever.

c) use the example file generator to generate a building that could be similar -- these can be complex builidngs.  (all the benchmarks started out being built from the EEFG).  It will have all the correct nodes in place.

Hope this helps jump start your cause.