[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Mechanical Ventilation

Hello,

It looks like my last message got lost somehow - I'll try again.

To model an exhaust fan, use the Fan:ZoneExhaust component. If the fan exhausts directly outside, use a unique node name for the outlet node. This node will function as the outdoors. Alternatively, you could connect the exhaust outlet node to the inlet for some kind of heat recovery system.

If you specify an exhaust without some kind of air supply, the air flows will be unbalanced and E+ will give you a warning. You will need to include some kind of air supply to balance the exhaust. This could be mechanical, or if there is no mechanical supply you could use ZoneInfiltration:DesignFlowRate. If you use infiltration only you will still get a warning about unbalanced airflows, which you could ignore in this case.

For further information, you should look in the Input-Output Reference. There is also further documentaion available from the main E+ website, or the support site:

http://energyplus.helpserve.com/index.php

Regards,
Rowan