Re : Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Energy Plus vs TRNSYS

I thought that TRNSYS could read EPW files.  I know they said their old tmy(?) files were not being used anymore.

In any case, TRNSYS and EPW may use different parts of the weather data -- that could be a caution (e.g. I think TRNSYS uses Global Horizontal Solar whereas I know EnergyPlus uses Direct Normal and Diffuse Horizontal Solar) -- so if your weather source is missing any of those items, whatever the program being used does with that missing item -- could obviously be a difference.

Otherwise, the weather converter tool provided by EnergyPlus is only as good as the source data -- we don't typically fix data (though it can be an option) and pass it through as given.   It does, if there is missing Global Horizontal solar create that from the Direct Normal and Diffuse Horizontal using the usual relationships.