From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Florian
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 3:38 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Running parallel batch files

Hi,

I have tried running up to four instances/simulations of EnergyPlus parallel on my 4 CPU cores, which works quite well.
As I have over a hundred different simulations to perform, I asked myself if it would be possible to run parallel batch simulations.
I believe it doesn't work by simply creating an *.EPG Group File, and running EnergyPlus as the EPlus.bat only reads in in.idf and in.epw.

Is there another way to start, e.g. two parallel batch file runs?

I remember that someone in that forum was talking about a perl script which could perform similar things.

Thanks for any help!

Best Regards,
Florian