RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Night Ventilation

I had a quick look at your IDF and ran one simulaation.

You have a heating coil, a cooling coil, and a constant volume fan in the air loop.  There is no outside air intake, or mixer.

The WHF schedule is set, but there is nothing to control.

I do not know how much guidance you need to fix the problems.

The nearest example for you is to use the outside air intake in the economy cycle, which has an outside air mixer in the air loop.  Depending on the temperature difference, the amount of outside air is varied.

If you wanted to use the fan as a separate component, it may be possible.  The difference in temperature which is set in the design flow rate object is that between the zone and the outdoor air in the weather file.   The ventilation is turned on, and hope that the injected air will change the cooling rate at the coil.  It can work in Winter during the day time as well, when the OA is warmer than the setpoint..

So let me know what you can change and I will try to answer your questions.

I have turned on the diagnostics to see all the warnings and unused objects and schedules.  There are many warnings, but the simulation was meaningful on all the working parts..

 Dr. Li