RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Progress! Night Ventilation

I have high lighted the two lines below.  There are many ways to stop the ventilation operation in Winter.

If you look at the outdoor dry-bulb temperature in the  listing, the value in Winter sometimes exceeds 15°C.  At those hours, the ventilation will come on.

If you set it too high, the ventilation will start too late in Summer, or do not start at all.

Therefore, you can modify the WHF schedule, using say 21°C for Winter, and 18°C for Summer, and place the name in the schedule field.  You may also simply try 20°C all the year round.

For the normal economizer operation, the OA mixer can reduce the air flow as well, uing schedules on temperature differences.

You can put back the WHF schedule as is, in the "Always_On" field, to stop the operation in Winter.  This schedule is actually a multiplier type.  This did not work before, because you set the max. indoor temperature to -17°C.  I set it to 26, because the zone is air conditioned to 24°C.
The object has no schedule at present.  The on and off of the ventilation depends on the temperature between the zone and outdoor air, when the difference is less than 2°C, the ventilation stops.  (See the equation in an earlier mail or IO manual.)

If the output variable is displayed in timesteps instead of hourly, you will see the air flow volume more constant, because the output value is the averaged hourly value.  Starting and stopping time of the ventilation did not line up exactly at the hour mark.  The fan is constant volume as  set in the object to get the ACH value as shown in the .csv.

 Dr. Li