[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Hello all

Hello Robin

It all deepens in what your objectives are:

In the first question if you consider ther energy transfer form and to the second floor relevant then logically it´s important to define the area of zone 3. If in terms of energy balance the 3 zone is not relevant you can define the surface that links to this zone as being adiabatic.
The two room situation is also dependant on your objectives does each zoom have an individual aspect? What are your objectives for the model? Like for example each has a window in deferent directions, different internal conditions, deferent HVAC systems etc... These kinds of decisions are very important in modeling large buildings.

Best Regards
MN