[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Geometry vs Simplification - General Advice and Thoughts Please

Thanks Linda,

I will use the extracted volumes from the complex geometry and apply them in the zone objects in the idf of the simplified geometry. In Europe we don't bring that much cooling or heating through air change, but use mainly perimeter, ceiling or floor radiative constructs or panels, so it's not such a big deal. The intrusion of solar gains into the simplified model is an issue, but I now have a good base to compair it to, but the contribution was not that significant due to a major shading membrane roof over the stadium, which I'm going to keep in the baseline building (else it would not reflect a proper baseline code conform stadium).

Thanks for the pointer.