[EnergyPlus_Support] Architectural Energy Corporation is Hiring!

Exciting Things are Happening at AEC!

Architectural Energy Corporation (AEC) specializes in leading the transition to a sustainable, high performance built environment. AEC is a primary business-to-business energy engineering firm concerned with energy, buildings, and the environment. Our mission is to hasten the transition to a sustainable economy.  We help our clients to improve the energy efficiency, environmental responsiveness, and use of renewable energy in their new and existing buildings.

At AEC, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers.  These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why AEC is a leader in building energy efficiency services. We will never compromise our responsibilities in the management and use of company resources, and in the stewardship of the world's natural resources.

 We have an immediate need for a Senior Energy Modeling Engineer in our Boulder, CO Office

As a Senior Energy Engineer you will be a member of the Sustainable Building Services and will manage/coordinate projects with the Building Analysis Team Leader and other Team Leaders within Sustainable Building Services.

In order to be successful in this position, you will need to perform the following tasks.

·         Provide technical services and management for sustainable design assistance projects;

·         Manage detailed energy modeling, evaluation of complicated building systems, and life-cycle-cost analysis;

·         Provide clear and well-written memorandums, and reports to various clients (building owners, architects, engineers) regarding project specific energy performance and modeling results;

·         Conduct quality assurance reviews to ensure engineering quality and accurate technical content of project-related documents;

·         Meet / contact clients as appropriate to discuss energy analysis methods, results and recommendations;

·         Prepare analyses, calculations and reports to support energy-related LEED components;

·         Assist the Building Analysis Team Leader in writing proposals and identifying and attracting potential clients and new projects.

·         Assist the Building Analysis Team Leader to monitor the business operations of the Group as they relate to the overall economic health and viability of the Sustainable Building Services Group.

·         Travel to in-state and out-of-state projects as required.

 In order to be considered for this position, you will need to have the following minimum requirements.

·         BS/MS in Engineering &/or PE registration

·         Excellent communication skills -- oral, written, and presentation -- and facility with necessary supporting software (Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint)

·         Expertise in complex building mechanical systems and state-of-the-art energy efficiency technologies/ applications;

·         Project management experience; including people and time management skills

·         Working knowledge of and experience with the architectural design process and all phases of design and construction from pre-design to construction administration

·         Working knowledge of the USGBC's LEED certification rating systems (NC, EB, CI, etc.).

Preferred Qualifications:

·         10+ years experience in a building related field, preferably experience in mechanical engineering, HVAC design, commissioning or building operations;

·         Experience in designing/evaluating state-of-the-art sustainable design technologies for commercial new construction that might include: natural ventilation, mixed-mode ventilation, solar cooling, etc.

·         Experience with additional simulation software programs tailored to sustainable design analysis, such as: DesignBuilder, Virtual Environment, Ecotect, etc.

·         Recent energy modeling experience with DOE-2, TRNSYS, Energy Plus or other detailed hourly simulation;

·         LEED AP status;

·         Experience with "Integrated Systems" planning and design.

AEC is part of NORESCO's Sustainability Division.  For more information on AEC please go to www.archenergy.com.  For more information on NORESCO, please go to www.noresco.com.    We're looking forward to hearing from you.

AEC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. AEC maintains a drug free workplace.  Minorities are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D