RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Can Airflow Network simulate stack effect?

I hope this paper is helpful to you.

Best regards.

Swj.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wonjun
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:31 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Can Airflow Network simulate stack effect?

Thanks for your valuable answer, Lixing.

Even though stack effect has been validated with ASHRAE analytic solution, what is the limitation in case of simulate DSF cavity flow?
Is it just not accurate in that AFN can't simulate the temperature stratificaiton, or is there other reason exist?

When I made a DSF building with the AFN algorithm, the result seemed to pretty well matched from air physical view(Comparing airflow rate and velocity of lower part opening and upper part opening).

I have read the simulate DSFs with AFN algorithm published in ASHRAE Transactions.

For example
http://www.bwk.tue.nl/bps/hensen/publications/02_ashrae_dskin.pdf

I wanna know the exact limitation of the AFN algorithm when I use it to simulate DSF cavity flow.

Many more thanks in advance.