Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] help

you can set materials at openstudio
I found these channels it has useful training
http://www.youtube.com/user/NRELOpenStudio

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Thodwris Xaritidis <maki_to_fai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just figured out how to make zones in sketchup...I also observed that when I made a window
energy plus understood that by it self.Whats the next step? What do I have to take care in sketchup and
open studio to export a right model to energyplus??Do I have to name the materials?or this is something to do
in energy plus?

thanx for the helping

Sent: Mon, November 15, 2010 7:28:19 PM

Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] help

may be these are useful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00EGDtnedE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFJTl7G-nMQ&playnext=1&list=PLF8B1434688FC2A68&index=8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bIUOe-SPE&playnext=1&list=PLF8B1434688FC2A68&index=10

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Thodwris Xaritidis <maki_to_fai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I have ecotect 2011 and energyplus 6.0 is it easier not to have troubles when exporting?
Can you send me a step by step e-mail about how to do zoning properly?
I have a whole floorplan to zone in at least 5 zonings. I am very new user of these programs and can not understand
very well.

thank you

Sent: Sun, November 14, 2010 11:35:50 PM

I Used Ecotect but its export (version 2011) is not good it has many bugs
if you want to have  simulation in thermal aspect I suggest you use Sketchup.
If you want to use Ecotect take care these items
at the end of modeling:
1- push Ctrl+F9 and check the zones faces if all of them are had the flash from inside to outside. It is Ok else select them and Ctrl+R
2-take care of Objects alternative materials they must be the same as first material because energy plus doesn't support this item.
3-take care of all of warnings that you see in Ecotect report. All of them are impotent.
4-your materials shouldn't have the air Gap. I suggest you at Ecotect make  temporary materials after export in energy plus changes it .
5-take care of zone occupancy ( in zone management) all of zones that you want to have a thermal calculation they must have at least one people.
6- name each zone recognizable name and put them in individual layers. For simplifying work in the Ecotect use layer group
7-Use version 2011 it has fewer bugs also it exports to energy plus version 3.
8-after you export to energy plus edit your file (IDF) and replace  "Equipment Level" ====> "EquipmentLevel" in a text editor !! (it is a Export bug)
9- for the text editor I suggest you to use Notepade++ it is Open source software.
I Hope these are useful
REZA