Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Surfaces with interface to Ground

You need to insert an object with ground temperatures.  EnergyPlus does not read ground temepratures from the weather file.  Suggest you read up on the various ground temperatures in the InputOutput Reference (starts arond pg 98 of the PDF -- pg 57 on the page).

Read this caution!
Caution: The "undisturbed" ground temperatures calculated by the weather converter should not be used in building losses but are appropriate to be used in the Site:GroundTemperature:Shallow and Site:GroundTemperature:Deep objects. The reasoning (for building losses) is that these values are too extreme for the soil under a conditioned building. For best results, use the Slab or Basement program described in this document to calculate custom monthly average ground temperatures (see the Ground Heat Transfer section). This is especially important for residential applications and very small buildings. If one of these ground temperature preprocessors is not used, for typical commercial buildings in the USA, a reasonable default value is 2C less than the average indoor space temperature.
There are a number of different types of ground temperature:
Site:GroundTemperature:BuildingSurface

Site:GroundTemperature:Shallow

Site:GroundTemperature:Deep

Site:GroundTemperature:FCfactorMethod

I selected the appropriate weather file but still I am getting this  Warning GetSurfaces: Surfaces with interface to Ground found but no "Ground Temperatures" were input.  I would be grateful if you could help me. I don't know how and where do we give input for ground temperature and that to how will we know what is the ground temperature doesn't the weather file has it all.
 I would be grateful if you could help me.

Sincerely,
Rohit