[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: air conditioning consumption

air conditioning equipment already installed, I want to know the power electric consumption of its operation, but just one equipment, not the total power electric consumption of many equipment, because the output variable of total consumption I can use that is Electricity:HVAC. But do not know what output variable or set of output variable used to obtain the electric consumption one air conditioner. I mean to define these variables in the class output "output reporting".

--- El dom, 1/16/11, YuanLu Li <yli006@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

De: YuanLu Li <yli006@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Asunto: RE: air conditioning consumption
A: "Juan Pablo Cartagena Portillo" <cp00041gnu@xxxxxxxxx>
Fecha: domingo, 16 de enero de 2011, 12:16 pm

You have to create an IDF with the building details, and run a sizing simulation for the HVAC condition you would like to have , before you can list the variable.

Before this step, there is nothing to show.

Then do an annual weather file simulation with your location and weather file, with the zone air condition temperature you would like to have, using the IdealLoadSystem.  After that, all the zone HVAC energy usuage will be in the reports, which you can choose.

How can the EPlus software provide you HVAC operating information which running a simulation?

 Dr. Li