[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ASHRAE 90.1 - Fan Power

Thanks James.

In this case, I have 6 objects under "Fan:OnOff" which I understand are the HVAC system fans. For my Baseline ASHRAE case the "Maximum Flow Rate" (m3/s) is "autosize". I also have my "Fan Efficiency" and "Motor Efficiency".

I assume the "Delta P" that you're referring to is "Pressure Rise" (Pa), which in my case is currently set at 50. Please confirm. I can change this value.

Where do I find my "K" value? I will need this in order to back-calculate my fan power.

I have another question regarding fans, is it possible to model the exhaust fans (which are independent of the HVAC units) in addition to the ventilation fans and the HVAC supply fans?

As I understand it, all HVAC system fans are lumped together into "Fans" but it seems to be required by 90.1 that the fans are modeled separately depending on the characteristics. Am I correct in my reading of 90.1? Is E+ capable of modeling them separately?

Thanks again James. You've been a great help!

Brendan