[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: double skin + internal blinds + daylighting dimming: possible and reliable?

Dear Pedro,

Thanks for the tip about reporting the inside temperature of the outer skin to get the shading temperature!

Regarding the wind data, my usual approach is to not iuse wind data to size a naturally ventilated space and first rely on stack effect to determine opening size requirement. I do that because then I size based on the minimum available pressure difference which ensures that the space will have this or greater pressure difference if there is wind provided that opening are sized and located so that wind cannot be a counter pressure. The second reason is what you pointed pout about wind data. Personnally I don't really have a reliable database about it and it is quite costly to get it either from a dedicated database or a CFD specific application. That has been so far my design approach but I am opened to critic!

Now about your comment on the blind slat width that will impact the separation parameter if one wants to keep a constant number of slats, what you say is right but in my case, since I wanted to try the combined effect of the slat as a solar shading AND as a light shelve, I put it horizontal. If it is horizontal, how does the program handle the number of slat as a function of their separation? I believe it matters not because a horizontal slat has no projection on the glazing area therefore it occupies the same space and only the separation is involved in the calculation...What do you think?

As for the daylighting, I still have to dig. I am currently comparing dynamic results from Eplus with a daylight software to evaluate my approach...

Thanks!
Aymeric