[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Calculation of Phase Change Material (PCM) amount

Hi,

I have no specific experience on PCM modelling but I was wondering if your problem could not just be solved by adding a layer in the construction assembly that will represent the properties of your PCM amount and another layer that will play the role of the usual sensible thermal mass and resistance. So say if I take your example with the standard board, you use your manufacturer breakdown in amount of conventional and PCM material and make a two layer equivalent model.

Of course I would benchmark this method against a normal model with usual material and one with fully assigned PCM to see how it behaves.

Aymeric