Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] weather file request + open weather file

Thanks we are now going to add the .ddy file as well to our output.

Best,  Chuck (Weather Analytics)

From: YuanLu Li <yli006@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Linda Lawrie <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, March 28, 2011 1:48:35 PM
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] weather file request + open weather file

We have been spoon fed so long and have forgotten how to read the header and .stat files.

With  .ddy file, the designDay objects can be copied directly from the .ddy file opened in another window of the IDFeditor.

Without the .ddy file, the DesignDay object  fields need to be entered field by field reading the header or the .stat file.

The weather file processor can generate the .stat file.  I am not sure whether the .ddy file was also generated at the same time, from the  .epw file.  The zipped TMY and IWEC   weather file had all three files.  MN6 does not.

Dr. Li