[EnergyPlus_Support] Hybrid Ventilation Problems

Hey Everyone,

I could really use some advice/help with this problem. Please see the description below. I posted a zip file with the pdfs and the idf in the problem file section.

 Project Description:

I am attempting to model a dormitory building which has hybrid ventilation and operable windows. The attached pdfs show the layout of the model building. The hallways are intended to be mechanically conditioned zones, while the individual dorm rooms do not have any HVAC systems except mechanical exhaust fans. When all windows and doors are closed in the building, makeup air for the exhaust fans should be supplied by the hallway's mechanical system. This means that the hallway system needs to supply more air than it returns (difference in supply and return should be the sum total exhaust fan flow rate).

Is there some way to add a system, such as a dedicated outdoor air system which will allow an imbalance between supply and return volumes? The current plan I would like to use is to implement a fan coil unit to handle sensible load while a separate system adds air to the hallway, which then passes through the doorways and feeds the exhaust fans in the dorm rooms.