From: Jean marais <jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Need some qhuidance on scheduling.
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 1:48 PM

The schedule objects are of different types. They act as constants.. You may have a heating setpoint schedule which describes a temperature or an equipment onoff schedule which describes a state (0 or 1), there are time/date schedules, fractional, ect. There are combinations of these.

HVAC equipment typically has a double heirachy of schedules. The top most is system availability, and the next is operation times. A fan may be available for turning on all of the time (when another set of conditions/equipment asks it to), but is only scheduled to operate at specified times. There are also another even higher control group of objects which can overide schedules.

There's no easy way to start the learning process. Use a simple example and mess with the idf text file is my suggestions.

http://groups..yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

=======
http://www.pctools.com
=======