RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Export input data

It is not very clear on what you already have.  Exporting a building file is software specific.
If you use the IDFeditor, then the material and construction field would already be specified, and the file is already in IDF  text format.  You can open the file in .idf extension using any text editor.
===========================
If you use a third party graphic  software to generate the building envelop, it is necessary to know what soft ware you use, before we can guide you.  You may have only part of a working IDF.
For example, DesignBuilder can do complete simulation and export IDF.
Autocad drawings may need Ecotect to export the dimensions to IDF format.
Google SketchUp need the OpenStudio plug-in to convert into IDF format, and then you can continue to add other functions.
=====================
If you are creating the building envelop using IDFeditor, you need not export the file, and can continue to add the other required class and objects.
You can open two or more example files at the same time in different IDFeditor windows and copy objects from any one to your IDF.
If you have no preference yourself, choose the (Purchased Air) Zone:IdealLoadSystem example to copy the objects.
When you click the "text editor" button in EPlaunch window, you would see a text version of the IDF.  The text software preference to use is in the option of the EPlaunch.  You will get a better feel of all these by following the Getting Started Manual.
 Dr. Li

Dear all,

I have created my building model in EnergyPlus. But now I want all the input data i gave to the software about building (like schedules, materials) in a word/notepad file. How to I export all the data to a word or notepad file OR is it that the word file i need is already created somewhere..
 Thank you
Rohit

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov