To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: vieira.jose99@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:20:08 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Zone FanCoils and an AHU

Now I have a 74 zone building and want to simulate one AHU to "treat" the minimum new air for occupancy for all the zones and use FanCoils to "treat" the air temperature so that mean air temperature of the zones are 20ºC for winter and 25ºC for Summer.

What i am tring: Air from the AHU splits to the various zones, then it enters the zone FanCoil, the return air from the zones goes back to the AHU for later on apply recovery mechanisms.

For now I am only looking to do this on two zones, so that it is easier to correct mistakes, then when it is working, its easier to do copy/paste for the other zones. For now I am also simulating for the summer design day.

The problem is that the mean air temperature is outragous, it is above 40ºC for the summer design day. There was no return air from the zone to the AHU, the air was being released by the FanCoil relief outlet node, so I hooked that node up to the air mixer, so that it would return to the AHU.

I have uploaded the .idf to the problem submital section, the link is:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/ABqnTWqT74N-28mPIl7kRupySkocrpNc68HOk3a6kHyyGzAmoXDeVi-g1ZaLd_Xwt1650MFZVHq1eZm43mA1RYZJNQxC15tMDPG-/_Problem_Submittals/Sim1_sem_recuperacoes_duas_zonas.zip

I have put two other zones with the FanCoil HVAC template, so I may make comparisions and later on try to modify it.

The air temperature leaving the AHU must be in the 20/25ºC range, only the FanCoils will warm/cool the zone air.

Can someone point me in the wright direction? What is it that is not working here?

Thank-you
Best Regards,
Vieira

http://groups..yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/