From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of omarvelling
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 4:16 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Modulation of openings in Airflow Network

Hi all,

I'm trying to modulate, or to be precise, cancel the modulation of the opening size of an AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Surface object so that it can either be fully open (i.e. Multiplier equals 1.0) or closed i.e. (Multiplier equals 0.0) depending on the ventilation control mode. I have managed to achieve this when the ventilation control mode is set to 'Constant' by specifying a venting availabilty schedule. However, when using 'Temperature' as the ventilation control mode and by setting the Ventilation control zone temperature setpoint at 22 C I found that the output for the 'Window/Door opening factor' is greater than 0.0 even when the zone temperature is below 22 C, that is when Tzone < Tset indicating that the window is partially open. As shown below, I've tried to overcome this by setting the minimum venting opening factor field in the AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Zone object to 1.0. I've also set the two sets of Opening factor Data in the AirflowNetwork:Multi

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Omar

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov