RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Step response of model

It may also be radiating heat to the night sky, its effective temperature is cooler than outdoor drybulb.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of energyplus_problem
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 7:36 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Step response of model

We want to investigate exactly this lagging and especially the time needed to reach the ODT (probably several weeks). The question is why it doesn't reach the ODT while holding it constant, but arrives asymptotically on a much lower temperature, without any cooling.
So what we did was creating a - lets say - one year weather file with a temperature step in march to december and an according ground temperature.