[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: HVAC Template

Hello,
I am taking this old 2009 question out of the dust to ask for a bit more details.

"YLI006 > If so, all non VAV templates are CAV's.  Any VAV system running at constant air volume is a CAV. I.e., air volume not controlled by theremostat in the zone."

I pretty much had the same question in mind since I could not find a system that use chilled water except for VAV.
Only VAV systems can used CHilledWater in the HVAC:Template's.
Are you proposing to size a VAV system min and max flows to the same values to convert a VAV to CAV? I bet not since I don't see how E+ would know what to do to modulate cooling to meet the varying load. right?

Do these things exist? i.e. Assembled CAV units with a chilled water coil.
Maybe I am off track and the system is just not a CAV?

JP Beaulieu,