RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: HVAC Template

"so for a CAV system, you confirm that one who wants to start with an HVACTemplate: object should use a VAV and modify the EXPIDF to make it behave like a CAV."

Because the fan is not defined, you have to change it in the expIDF.  However, the default may be already a constant speed fan.

 Dr. Li

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: jippnojunk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:19:49 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: HVAC Template

ok so for a CAV system, you confirm that one who wants to start with an HVACTemplate: object should use a VAV and modify the EXPIDF to make it behave like a CAV. I don't know yet which curve you are refering to bellow but give my junior energy modeler brain some time to digest and I will dig into the reference guide to figure this out.

I will need to go behond HVACTemplate to have more fun with EPlus but I am still learning the basics. I especially like the output features that are great to understand the builing behavior.

Thanks.
JP Beaulieu

http://groups..yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

=======