[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: AFN width & height factor / detailed opening

Dear Linxing,

the opening factor AFN:Surface is 1 as you told me to check. And the window geometry is also same - BUT the flow rates should be different because of the different opening geometry (as part of the window geo) due to the h&w factors. Lets say due to the h&w in factors in AFN:DetailedOpening I assumed that in 1) the opening is 0,1m wide and 1m high. And in 2) the opening is 1m wide and 0,1m high -> different opening geometry -> should result in different ACH.

3) and 4) are geometrically modelled and 3) is close 1)&2) and 4) is much less (less height = less ACH = correct)
BUT therefore I assume 2) to be wrongly calculated. Should be close to 4)

I compare the "AirflowNetwork Zone Infiltration Air Change Rate". No weather file necessary -> only DesignDay. In & Outdoor temp is fixed (20/24°C).
You can see that from the idf file containing all 4 scenarios. I will send you per mail (I hope it works).

What do you think?

Regards